This is my personal selection of useful links for rates, pricing process, copyright and contracts orientated mostly for illustrators, but useful for anybody with a job in the art field.
-Freelance Hourly Rate Calculator
A simple calculator to help you find out how much to charge as a freelancer.
-How Much Should I Charge?
-How much does an illustrator cost?
-How much does it cost to hire an illustrator?
What factors determine how much this service would cost?
- The Dark Art of Pricing (Jessica Hische)
- How To Price Illustration for Children's Books, Editorial, etc. (Will Terry)
- Getting paid by Amanda Hall
- A Designer’s Guide to Pricing (GoMedia)
- How to Charge For Your Graphic Design Work (& Get What You Deserve) GoMedia
- Hiring a children’s book illustrator FAQ
- Freelance Fees Guide: Illustrations and cartoons
- 10 Things to Consider When Pricing Illustrations By: John Roman
- How much does illustration cost? - A client guide to illustrator's fees by Carys Tait
- Pricing Guidelines at Bibliocrunch
- Who Pays Illustrators (And How Much) by Marianne Litman
- Usage and Pricing of Photography in Social Media (APhotoEditor)
- Contractors, Copyright & Licensing
- The United States Copyright Office
- License It
- Creative Commons
- Writing Your Own Contract: Pre-Contract Checklist by Mark Monlux
- Proposals, Contracts & Invoices by Freelance Boost
- What Should Go into an Illustration Contract by Neil Swaab
- Designers: Know Your Rights! 4 Must-Have Clauses In A Contract
- The Letter of Agreement
- Children’s book illustration contract by Heather Castles
- Commissioned Illustration Offer - Short/Easy by Matthew Abts
- A sample contract agreement between an author and a book cover designer by Derek Murphy
- Illustrators Agreements & Contracts by Don Arday
Part 1: Components
Part 2: Restrictions
- Contracts and Legal Forms by PACT
- AIGA Standard Form of Agreement for Design Services
- 5 Free to Use Freelance Design Contract Templates
- Illustration contract templates
- Download Our Artist Licensing Agreement. It’s Free. ArtLaw Journal
- Contracts, Licenses & Business Forms for Medical Illustrators
Update (May 09, 2018)
Toolkit: Essential tools for freelancers and creatives (by @magoz_ on Twitter), just for subscribing to his website newslatter.
Directory of tools and resources for illustrators (by @magoz_ on Twitter)
Behind the Scenes
2.- Font in use: Grand Hotel by Astigmatic One Eye